Formatting a USB Storage Drive in MacOS®
To format your USB storage drive in MacOS, connect it via USB port and follow these steps:
- Select "Finder".
- Select "Applications".
- Select "Utilities".
- Select "Disk Utility".
- Select the drive from the list on the left.
- Select "Erase".
- Give the drive a name, select "ExFAT" for the format, and select GUID Partition Map for the scheme (unless your applications require another scheme for compatibility).
- Select "Erase" at the bottom.
- If another confirmation pop up appears, select "Erase" again.
- Once the process is complete, click "Done".
©2019 Micron Technology, Inc. All rights reserved. Information, products, and/or specifications are subject to change without notice. Neither Crucial nor Micron Technology, Inc. is responsible for omissions or errors in typography or photography. Micron, the Micron logo, Crucial, and the Crucial logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Micron Technology, Inc. Apple, MacOS, and MacBook are trademarks of Apple, Inc., registered in the United States and/or other countries. All other trademarks and service marks are the property of their respective owners.