Crucial M225 2.5-inch SSD firmware updates
Released January 10, 2011
- Added support for LBA to NAND bank mapping
- Additional improvements made to update process.
- Additional improvements made to firmware bad block management.
- Corrected several ATA Security bug fixes.
- Corrected how some SMART commands were displayed
- Added support for additional NAND manufacturers, capacities, and configurations.
- Made further improvements to TRIM and wear leveling algorithm
Warning: Crucial recommends that you back up or make copies of all important files before installing this firmware update. This firmware updated is done entirely at your own risk. If performed correctly, there will be no loss of system or user data currently stored on the drive. However, if the firmware process is interrupted, your solid state drive might not function properly. If the firmware update is done on a notebook computer, Crucial recommends that the computer is plugged in to avoid interruption.
Optimization and update utility
Storage Executive optimizes and updates your Crucial SSDs on Microsoft Windows computers. Supported drives: P1, P2, P5, MX series, BX series.
Storage Executive only available for 64-bit systems.
Installation and warranty
Our easy install guide
Follow our step by step guide to make installation easy:
Physical installation of your SSD
Installation of Crucial Storage Executive
Cloning using Acronis