The scanner simply looks in your BIOS for system information and then searches the Crucial website for compatible matches. We cannot access any of your personal data with the Crucial System Scanner, so using it will not compromise your system security. If you are concerned about downloading this file, you can scan it with your antivirus software before running it.
Downloading and running the Crucial System Scanner is easy
For Windows users:
- Click the "I agree to the terms and conditions" box in order to proceed with scan.
- Click "Scan my Computer" and choose "Save File" when prompted.
- Save the file to your desktop, or wherever you prefer.
- Navigate to the CrucialScan.exe file and open it. If you get a security warning, select "Run" to allow the download.
- It may take several moments for your browser to update with your scan results.
Removing the Scanner is easy
Just delete the CrucialScan.exe file that you downloaded. The scanner does not install anything on your system.