Before you return ...
Most of the memory returned to us is not actually defective. These simple troubleshooting solutions
help most of our customers solve any problems they may encounter with their Crucial memory. For more help, check out our Crucial Forum
This form CANNOT be used to return SSDs or any of the following compatible accessory products -- CT2SVD53Z, CTC9P4LPN, CTXHS5JWS, CTL7DEDG6, CTG7YHWVF, CT2E47P7F. Please contact Customer Service
Resellers and distribution partners:
Resellers and distribution partners must contact their sales representative for refund options. Resellers and distribution partners can use this form for warranty replacements.
Damaged in Shipping?
Types of returns
There are two types of returns -- refunds
and warranty replacements
. Understanding the type of return you need to make will speed the return process.
Refund requirements: If you purchased your product MORE THAN 45 DAYS AGO, or if you DID NOT PURCHASE THE PRODUCT FROM CRUCIAL.COM, you are only eligible for a warranty replacement.
- Must be purchased from crucial.com.
- Must have purchased less than 45 days from inquiry date.
- Review the terms and conditions of sale for further details.
If purchased more than 45 days ago...
If purchased from one of our partner resellers less than
The product cannot be returned for a refund. If there is a problem with your part, please follow our warranty replacements process on this page.
45 days ago...
please contact the store where you purchased your item.
If purchased from crucial.com less than 45 days ago...
please request a return material authorization (RMA) number before sending your product back. An RMA number allows us to process your return quickly.
If you purchased your product through Amazon, please call Customer Service
to request an RMA number.
Request RMA Number
If you believe your Crucial product is defective ...
we want to remedy the situation. Please request a return material authorization (RMA) number before sending your product back. An RMA number allows us to process your return quickly.
Request RMA Number
What else do I need to know about making a return?
All returns will be treated on a wait-to-receive basis.
Crucial will issue your refund or replacement within 7-10 days after we receive your returned product along with your authorized RMA number
- If you are returning a multi-piece kit, you will need to send all the parts.
- When returning any non-DRAM item (SSD, flash drive, or card reader), return all accessories (such as cables, manuals, or CDs) that shipped with the product. If any accessories are missing, a restocking fee may be deducted from your refund.
- Products that have been modified are not covered by our limited warranty.
- Crucial reserves the right to charge a restocking fee (up to 20 percent) at our discretion.
- Please retain all shipping information, including tracking numbers, until your account or original credit card has been credited by Crucial or until you receive the replacement product.