How to remove Quickstart programs
Quickstart is a feature of software applications that allows part of the program to load when a computer starts up. This allows a full application to launch more quickly. But while Quickstart applications can be helpful, they can tie up memory resources. To alleviate this issue, you can disable Quickstart programs to prevent them from running automatically.
- Go to your Windows Desktop and click My Computer. Select your hard drive, usually known as C:, by double clicking it.
- Navigate to the folder: G:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup.
- Look through the programs listed within the folder. Find the ones you'd like removed from startup.
- Right click on the program to be removed, and select Delete.
- Confirm the delete action when prompted with the question, "Are you sure you want to remove?" Repeat this process for all the programs that you want removed from startup.
- Quickstart programs can reappear after this process. They can sometimes be permanently deleted by reinstalling the software they are associated with or using the Add or Remove programs utility in the Control Panel.