Key Features and Benefits
- 7mm z-height form factor enables thin chassis design for all segments of laptop computing
- Seagate SmartAlign™ technology provides a transition to 4K sectors without the need for software utilities.
- Self-Encrypting Drives mitigate data breaches, comply with data protection regulations and preserve brand recognition.
- Self-Encrypting Drives with FIPS 140-2 certification* are approved for the U.S. and Canadian governments.
- Entry-level to high-performance laptops—Enjoy a stylish, thin and lightweight design without exceeding your budget.
- Netbooks—Get a thinner netbook without compromising on storage or affordability.
- Ultraportables—Take advantage of a stylish, thin and lightweight design without compromising on features.
- Slim consumer electronics devices—Add some style to your digital life.
Seagate integrators and OEM customers are faced with an increasing demand for thinner yet fully functional mainstream laptop computing solutions. Until recently, the only option for these thinner solutions revolved around high-priced, slow performing 1.8-inch drives and high-priced, fast solid state drives. Because both storage types were costly options, system designers had no choice but to build thinner chassis only for their high-end lines. Enter Seagate ingenuity.
Realizing that the dilemma our customers faced was the lack of affordable thin storage for entrylevel to mainstream laptops, high-end netbooks and thin ultraportables, Seagate designed a drive that could leverage current laptop drives in both material and product design. This successful initiative resulted in the design of the Seagate® Momentus® Thin drive, the world’s first 7mm, 2.5-inch form factor drive. The new 7mm drive is a reduced-height platform available with 8MB cache and 5400-RPM speed (mainstream), or 16MB cache and 7200-RPM speed (high performance).